The Bauer Media Group is one of the most successful media companies in the world. More than 600 magazines, over 400 digital products, and 50 radio and TV stations reach millions of people around the globe. The company's portfolio also includes printing companies, postal services and services in the fields of distribution, marketing, media sales and online comparison portals. The Group's turnover is stable at more than two billion euros. With a new global positioning strategy, the Bauer Media Group underscores its passion for people and brands. The claim "We think popular." highlights the Bauer Media Group's perception of itself as a publisher of popular media and provides inspiration and motivation to its more than 11,000 employees in 17 countries.
For the Bauer Global Technology team we are looking for the next possible date for a
Head of PMO (f/m/d)
- Direct a benefits-led approach to pipeline and inflight portfolio planning, incorporating the potential need for iterative re-planning and cost-effective measurement mechanisms.
- Verify alignment and selection of change initiatives to achieve strategic objectives, and provide clarity of the current and future states as a result of the consolidated portfolio.
- Ensure the change impact is appropriately analysed and understood, and that change activities proceed at a pace and sequence suitable to the impacted areas.
- Establish principles and behaviours that support appropriate resourcing of major projects to ensure effectiveness and value for money.
- Develop a learning project management profession – grow experience and capability through good and bad lessons to mitigate risk of failure and set conditions for success.
- Be the ambassador for the project management profession, promoting the value to stakeholders, and attracting and retaining high quality individuals.
- Represent project management both internally and externally as head of profession.
- Experience in leading and managing a corporate PMO / portfolio office which oversees multiple projects and strategic programmes and has a direct link to the executive office.
- Comprehensive understanding of benefits management, from strategy to realisation.
- Sound financial and commercial capability, including cost versus benefit analysis (CBA) and forecasting, and the ability to see the wider implications of financial variance.
- Demonstrates an approach to work that is characterised by commitment, motivation and energy, with the ability to remain confident and assured when under pressure.
- Sophisticated negotiation, influencing, and facilitation skills required to get things done, convince or persuade others who may be more senior or not under direct managerial control.
- A recognised project/programme management qualification (e.g. Management of Portfolios (MoP); MSP or APMP/PQ/RPP level) with demonstrable career development activities and understanding of the evolving profession.
- An awareness of the changing technologies, interfaces, workflows and working practices across the broadcasting industry.
- Languages: fluent in English, language skills in Polish desirable.
If you are interested in this position, please send your complete application documents to Jens von Meyer,
Reference Number: HBV-07/2019