The Bauer Media Group is one of the most successful media companies in the world. More than 600 magazines, over 400 digital products, and 50 radio and TV stations reach millions of people around the globe. The company's portfolio also includes printing companies, postal services and services in the fields of distribution, marketing, media sales and online comparison portals. The Group's turnover is stable at more than two billion euros. With a new global positioning strategy, the Bauer Media Group underscores its passion for people and brands. The claim "We think popular." highlights the Bauer Media Group's perception of itself as a publisher of popular media and provides inspiration and motivation to its more than 11,000 employees in 17 countries.
The newly established Bauer Global Technology group sets the technology strategy for Bauer companies. It co-ordinates major investments and change programmes with the primary goal of bringing the company on a journey from a highly federated set of autonomous and independent companies, to an operation that maximises the opportunity of working at scale across the group – through knowledge sharing, collaboration and centres of excellence.
One important stream in this journey is the development and constant maintenance of a group wide Information Security Program covering all relevant business areas. This includes the protection of enterprise IT systems and services that support activities such as publishing, printing, radio broadcasting, and digital customer facing services within our online comparison platform and search engine optimisation businesses.
Within this comprehensive and exciting area, the newly established role of an “Information Security Architect and Lead Service Manager” will strongly support the Global Head of Information Security by developing, implementing, managing and controlling the overall information security strategy and program. Focus of the role will be highly technical in addition to focusing on related processes, standards and the management of related 3rd party providers.
For the Bauer Global Technology team we are looking for the next possible date for a
Information Security Architect and Lead Service Manager (f/m/d)
- Drive change from highly heterogeneous local security solutions towards a standardized global portfolio of security systems and services
- Survey and unify the current security systems
- Constant assessment of the state of technology from a security standpoint and development of technical solutions to address given risks and threats
- IT-Service Management for the most important global security services
- Selection and control of providers for managed security services
- Consulting with group level infrastructure, product and service management as well as regional InfoSec managers regarding IT-Security requirements for the ongoing development and operation of IT systems
- Further the role holder shall support global head of information security by
- Drive collaboration externally and internally with various departments, and specifically define ways of working across the Technology, Business Assurance functions
- Assess existing security initiatives, identify new requirements and prioritise those in line with risk and budget requirements
- Develop, deploy and maintain information security policies and monitor compliance with security policies, controls and legislation
- Manage information security due diligence, auditing and monitoring of vendors and suppliers, and undertake third-party security audits, intrusion and penetration tests
- Management of Security Incidents and Investigation of security breaches
- Engage with Bauer technology community subject matter experts to become part of a matrix managed federated security practice team
- Assist with the overall business technology planning, providing a current knowledge and future vision of technology and systems
- In-depth understanding of the concepts, technologies, systems and architectures supporting information security protection
- Significant previous experience in developing, publishing and maintaining security systems, infrastructures and controls within a large environment.
- Industry recognised qualifications (CISSP, SSCP, CCSP, SANS GIAC, CompTIA) would be an advantage
- A passion for technology and security safeguarding with a desire to deliver
- Ability to drive change and influence across a highly matrix managed organisation
- Highly effective and creative problem-solving skills
- Language skills: Fluent in English (must), language Skills in German or polish (desirable)
If you are interested in this position, please send your complete application documents to Kati Hülsenbeck,
Reference Number: BSKH-13/2019