Bauer Media is a fast moving, privately owned media company. The Bauer Systems division is currently undergoing a significant transformation – changing from delivering and supporting local country initiatives to operating as a global collaborative team.
As part of the transformation, we are looking for a
Microsoft Engineer (w/m/d)
to help deliver group-wide infrastructure support over a range of Microsoft based technologies, services and products
- The role is to provide day to day support to our IT colleagues and brand businesses to keep things running smoothly while striving for continual improvement such as striving to automate tasks and ensure consistency.
In particular, you will:
- Be responsible handling a broad range of IT service desk tickets relating to Microsoft infrastructure/server related technologies, services and products. From Active Directory, to Office365 support and working with monitoring and configuration management tools along the way.
- Assist where required the separate Cloud Enablement team who focus on delivering new cloud-based technologies around Bauer globally before handing them to the Platforms team for ongoing support.
- Work with the other members of the team to develop new skills and bring onboard new technologies as we strive to work efficiently and consistently across our business around the world.
- This position will report to the Platforms Team and will be based in Hamburg. The common language in use between the global businesses is English. Some travel may occasionally be required to various Bauer locations including some in country and some international travel.
You should already have experience working within a support or engineering team and be able to demonstrate flexibility and adaptability, as well as excellent organisational, methodical thinking and problem-solving capabilities. Sometimes under pressure of high priority tickets or tight deadlines.
You will need to be confident in taking on at least some areas of support of the technologies from the start and have the desire and drive to learn and adopt new technologies along the way, both by learning from other team members or other sources.
You should be a good communicator, able to talk to anyone from business users with limited technical knowledge, to IT colleagues with deep knowledge, to senior management. Both verbally and written and in both German and English. Always keeping customer service in mind as you work.
You must be able to work alone and get things done where the work demands, be comfortable asking for help from other team members where the work moves outside of your core skills or to share your knowledge with others where you are more advanced than them. You must also be able to work as part of a team or project group where a larger piece of work or project requires it.
You will have enough experience working with Microsoft Infrastructure and related systems to be confident at dealing with a range of incidents and requests with minimal guidance in at least some of the following: Windows Server, Office 365, Active Directory, ADFS, DFSR, SCCM, SCOM, SCORCH and PowerShell.
The Platform team is comprised of two groups of people, one supporting Microsoft platforms and the other Linux. This role is firmly within the Microsoft group although there may be opportunities/requirements to work with the Linux group on some work which crosses technologies.
The team is currently made up of members based in Germany and the UK with plans over the coming months to adopt more colleagues from other Bauer businesses through Europe and beyond.
Both groups have a friendly/family atmosphere of people who are fun to work with and who will always dive in to help each other when needed, for example where there is a major incident to resolve or there are decisions to be made or knowledge to be shared.
If you are interested in this job opportunity please contact Ilka Muhl,